Hello Essentials families!
Parents always wonder how to FIND and how to USE the information provided in this abundant curriculum!
With this video, I hope to help YOU navigate into discovering what you have, so that you will use it. I also share a short vision set-up that I use each year with my students to inspire us all to carefully honor the power of words and to create LIFE!
This journey is a challenging one, but you can do it!
Remember: We are developing great writers, and influencers, while setting the table for learning in a judgment-free zone — where learning to do hard things is a JOY!
What do Parents bring to class?
- The present week lesson from the EEL guide
- TWSS book for learning Units
- The free IEW writing app
- The History-Based Writing Lesson guide
What do students bring to class?
- Student Binder (watch for a post specific to this, coming soon!)
- Charts (I prefer them having all charts in a charts-only binder; you can also use the chart trivium tables)
- Any assignments to turn in
- Something to take notes on
How do parents prepare for class?
- Read lesson in EEL guide once through before class
- Skim over the new Unit
- Watch Andrew Pudewa videos
How do students prepare for class?
- Practice charts
- Know the definitions in the definitions box , found at the start of each new lesson in the EEL guide
- Play at home with vocab words; we don’t have time in class to do much with these, so we can play with them if students are prepared!
- Bring your happy heart and teachable spirit!
- Bring positive, life-giving words to share with others in the classroom!!!
Blessings from a lead learner!